Monday 7 February 2011

Catching Up

As I come down from my whirlwind USA trip, I'm trying to catch up on the blogs that inspire me, trying to do entries for my own blog and catching up on all of my fashion magazines (I have a stack of them that I haven't read yet). I vowed that I would do a blog entry every week with text and pictures, but I've been a little slow on the start of that. I hope to rectify that soon.

I also just got through watching the full season of "The Fashion Show: Ultimate Collection". Congratulations to Jeffrey for having the Ultimate Collection. His work is definetely amazing. The other two finalists (Calvin and Dominique) also presented some very interesting work. They also had some ideas that I will take and put my spin on. I wish all of the contestants the best for the future.

I read somewhere that there will be a German version of "Project Runway". I am curious to see how it will work out, so I will be keeping an eye out for it. I'm not gonna try out for it, because my conversational German is not the best yet, but that I am still working on.

I'm also slowly working on my line and trying to narrow down some ideas. I gotta start drawing some patterns (which I'm not the best at) and I gotta keep it simple. I'm way better at draping, but in order to manufacture, I gotta make and have patterns. I'm still in the sketching and experimenting stage right now. There are so many ideas, but trying to bring cohesion to them is a little difficult. I'm trying to edit as I go, but that's not always the best idea. Nonetheless, it helps a little.

I'm hoping to start posting pics and sketches soon (once I master using the scanner and learning how to enter pics onto my blog), cause I would love for all of you to see what I'm up to and also to get some feedback.

Until then, stay fashionable and sexy!!!!

1 comment: